Ch. 7
POLISH RADIO CENTRE at BARNES LODGE
near KINGS LANGLEY, NORTH LONDON

Barnes Lodge - front entrance

Barnes Lodge - back garden. Visible wires, cables and aerials bringing intelligence to London from Polish Underground Army. These buildings were demolished in the 1970s.


Next to the main building at Barnes Lodge - 1943.
Sixth from left is Cpt. Sabin Popkiewicz, an engineer and the CO of the Centre. First on the left is Lt.mgr Stanislaw Kisiel, engineer and second in charge of the Centre, fourth is First Sergeant Wladyslaw Malkowski (staff administration). Others are wireless operators (some are sailors, detached from the Polish Navy)
.


Off-duty radiotelegraph operators going to town. Barnes Lodge entrance behind

Radiotelegraph operators and side view of Barnes Lodge

Radiotelegraph operators in the park-like grounds of Barnes Lodge - 1944.

From left: Zbigniew Siemaszko, Franek Rymaszewski (at the back), Witek Czerniawski (in front), Zdzislaw Siemaszko (on the right, brother of Zbigniew)


On a quiet road A41 during the war outside Barnes Lodge, near Apsley.
Antek Miszkiel and a Polish airman
(a friend visiting Antek).
 
Return to TOP

This pop-up window is part of the Rymaszewski genealogical website which can be retrieved by copying the following address into your internet browser.   http://www.rymaszewski.iinet.net.au